This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks from our promoting companions, akin to American Categorical. Learn my Advertiser Disclosure coverage right here. Moreover, a few of the presents on this web page might not be out there by way of Offers We Like.
The Southwest Companion Pass is by far the greatest journey perk in the complete journey world. Interval. There’s fairly truthfully no different airline that gives something even remotely comparable or as superb. In fact flying Southwest Airways is just not for everybody, however when you like to journey 30,000 ft in the air and you’re close to a Southwest hub, I extremely recommend contemplating this move—you possibly can theoretically fly a pal or member of the family with you totally free each single day of the yr.
As you in all probability know by now, Southwest simply launched a suggestion the place you possibly can earn the Companion Pass just by signing up for the card and assembly the minimal spend requirement—there isn’t a want to earn the move the conventional technique which requires you to earn 110,000 qualifying factors. With the three private Southwest bank cards, you’ll earn the move for the remainder of 2019 plus 30,000 bonus factors.
- 1 Who?
- 2 What?
- 3 When?
- 4 The place?
- 5 Why?
- 6 General…
- Southwest Speedy Rewards® Precedence Credit score Card — Earn the Southwest Companion move (by way of December 31, 2019) and 30,000 bonus factors after you spend $four,000 on the card inside the first three months. Obtain a $75 Southwest journey credit score yearly + 7,500 bonus factors yearly after your Cardmember anniversary (value about $110). You’ll additionally obtain 4 upgraded boardings per yr when obtainable, plus 20% again on inflight purchases made with the card. $149 annual charge. **Though this card has the highest annual charge, it will provide you with the greatest worth with the $75 yearly journey credit score and the $110 in worth from the bonus factors — you’re popping out forward!
- Southwest Speedy Rewards® Plus Credit score Card — Earn the Southwest Companion move (by means of December 31, 2019) and 30,000 bonus factors after you spend $four,000 on the card inside the first three months. Obtain Three,000 bonus factors yearly after your Cardmember anniversary (value about $45). $69 annual charge. This card has the lowest annual payment and is greatest for many who are actually simply getting the card for the companion move supply.
- Southwest Speedy Rewards Premier Credit score Card — Earn the Southwest Companion cross (by way of December 31, 2019) and 30,000 bonus factors after you spend $four,000 on the card inside the first three months. Obtain 6,000 bonus factors yearly after your Cardmember anniversary (value about $90). $99 annual payment. This card has an annual charge in between the different two playing cards and the yearly bonus factors are very shut to making up for the annual charge paid.
With this new distinctive supply, I’ve acquired many questions. So right here is every part you want to find out about the about the bank card, the supply, and the cross.
Who’s eligible for this bank card supply?
This supply is publicly out there to everybody though Chase states that you’re solely eligible so long as you haven’t acquired a enroll bonus for that specific card in the previous 24 months and that you’re not at present a cardmember. Additionally, Chase not permits you to have multiple private Southwest bank card open at a time, so for those who already are a cardmember for certainly one of their playing cards, you’ll want to cancel earlier than you apply for a unique model of the card. Keep in mind although, even when you’ve acquired a enroll bonus for one among the playing cards in the previous, you’re nonetheless eligible for an additional card as they’re thought-about three totally different merchandise.
Chase additionally put in place a “5/24” rule awhile in the past which suggests in case you’ve been accepted for five or extra private bank cards in the previous 24 months, Chase won’t approve you for an additional card. Sadly, all three Southwest bank cards are topic to this rule.
Who could be my Companion?
Anybody can function your Companion! It may be a pal, member of the family, full stranger, actually anybody! When you earn the move you will want to designate somebody to be your companion. Then, all through the calendar yr you’re allowed to change your companion up to 3 times. This implies up to four totally different individuals can fly with you without spending a dime all through the yr.
To vary your companion, you’ll want to name Southwest they usually can change it for you instantly. That is nice since there isn’t a lag time and your new companion might be booked immediately.
What precisely is the Southwest Companion Pass?
The Southwest Companion Pass permits one other passenger to fly with the Companion Pass holder without spending a dime. The one value for the individual flying on the cross is that they’ll have to pay the “9/11 Security Fee” which prices $5.60 per one-way flight on home flights. For worldwide flights, nevertheless the charges charged might be fairly a bit extra and may value up to $100 roundtrip relying on the nation you’re visiting (you’re finally paying the similar charge as you’d when you have been to use Southwest factors on your ticket).
The primary flier simply wants to e-book his or her ticket (it may be a income ticket or perhaps a free ticket utilizing factors) and after that flight is booked, you’ll be able to add the Companion Pass member onto your flight. It takes an additional minute at most to e-book the Companion Pass flight and you may even do it on-line. Simply keep in mind, your companion have to be booked on the similar itinerary as you. The companion use the move to fly without spending a dime on their very own. For those who want to cancel your ticket, it can end in the companions ticket being canceled as nicely.
Even when you don’t at present have the Companion Pass but, you possibly can nonetheless ebook your flight and as soon as the you obtain the move you possibly can add your companion onto your itinerary. There simply wants to be at the least one seat left on the flight.
When will the Southwest Companion Pass truly hit my account?
In case you are incomes the Companion Pass from the present bank card supply, the phrases technically state that it might take between Eight-10 weeks after assembly the minimal spend requirement. From my expertise, my greatest guess is that the move will hit your account 2-Three enterprise days after the assertion closes the place you hit the $four,000 minimal spend. This implies you’ll need to attempt to meet your minimal spend requirement as quickly as you get the card in the mail and ideally earlier than your first assertion closes. In case you are in a position to act quick, this implies your cross ought to come via at the starting of February. As soon as you’re authorised for the card you possibly can name up Chase to see your actual first assertion time limit. Incomes the move as shortly as potential is right because it permits you to use it for an extended time interval all through the yr.
When is the Southwest Companion Pass legitimate by way of?
With the present supply, the cross is legitimate by way of December 31, 2019. This implies you will need to fly by this date, not merely e-book by this date. In fact, you’ll be able to nonetheless earn the required 110,000 qualifying factors by way of the conventional technique to earn the move once more for 2020. The 30,000 factors that you simply obtain from this supply nonetheless rely in the direction of the factors wanted leaving you to earn one other 80,000 extra factors throughout 2019. Listed here are some well-liked methods to earn the Companion Pass to permit you to have the cross by means of December 31, 2020.
When can I exploit the Southwest Companion Pass?
You can use the companion move as a lot you’d like! There are not any blackout dates with the cross and so long as there’s a seat obtainable for buy, you should use your companion cross. In contrast to another airline’s companion passes, there are not any necessities to use it—no route restrictions, no date restrictions, no greenback minimal for the first passengers flight, and so forth. That is actually a type of no strings hooked up passes!
The place does Southwest fly?
Southwest presently flies to 99 locations all through 40 US states, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. Though Hawaii was introduced awhile in the past, there have been some holdups, however I assume we’ll see them flying there sooner or later in 2019. You can take a look at the route map right here and see if Southwest flies to the place you’re looking to go.
Can the Southwest Companion Pass be used to fly to all Southwest locations?
Sure! As I discussed above, there really are not any restrictions. You can use the companion cross to even fly to their worldwide locations similar to Costa Rica and Aruba. And when Hawaii is ultimately added to their route map, you’ll give you the option to use the Companion Pass to fly there as properly!
Why ought to I get the Southwest Companion Pass
I’m an enormous advocate of the Southwest Companion Pass. I’ve had it for 11 years truly. My response to why you must get it’s “because it is awesome and will save you thousands of dollars”. With that being stated, the Southwest Companion Pass is just a great choice for these wanting to fly Southwest. If you don’t stay in a Southwest hub or want not to fly Southwest for a lot of different causes, then the move is completely not value it for you.
Southwest can also be my favourite airline due to many favorable insurance policies, comparable to:
- No checked bag charges — That is the solely airline that doesn’t cost you a dime for checking your bag. In truth, every passenger (together with those that are flying on the Companion Pass!) can examine two luggage at no cost.
- No change or cancelation charges — Once more, that is the solely airline that won’t cost you for altering or canceling a flight. Whereas another airways may waive the charge for many who have standing, this coverage is for each Southwest flier. That is the case for reserving each income tickets and free tickets utilizing factors
- Household boarding — Southwest permits for household boarding the place if there’s a baby 6 years previous or youthful in your group, the complete household will board after the “A” group. This can guarantee your loved ones can all the time sit collectively and there’s no want to pay on your seats.
For those who assume you’ll fly Southwest typically this yr, the companion cross is nice and this the bank card supply is by far the easiest method to earn the cross.
Will you be flying 2-for-1 for all of 2019?